Thursday, October 8

I'm Just the Worst Kind of Person. But I'm still Red.

So I can't count how many significant experiences and events that I haven't blogged about. It has been 15 days! Ok, I will attempt to list, then elaborate, the gaps.

One thing that I made a point to blog about was the dead birdI found while walking to class one day. When an animal or feather or token of some kind speaks to you, presents itself to you, you are supposed to accept the gift and keep it. It's the Indian way. What the hell was I supposed to do with a dead bird in German class? And let me tell you, it was presenting itself. It's wings were spread and it was lookin' right at me. I didn't know what kind of bird it was, but the first thing that came to my head was "Sparrow." It didn't look like roadkill, it didn't even look dead! I could only tell because of a portion of guts was hanging of of one of its sides. Well I tried to ignore it, but I swear I took a step and I heard this LOUD bird-call. I turned around; there were no trees in sight. Whatever. It took about 15 steps for it to stop. I may not have taken the gift, but its impact was great enough that the spirit stayed with me just the same.

I'm going to try to keep this short.
My boyfriend, Cody, isn't into the Spirit like I am. He's just a punk drummer kid. I didn't tell him about my bird experience because he wouldn't have really understood. But of course a couple of days later, he asks me: "Baby, what does two dead birds mean? Is it an Indian sign?" I kept my cool and asked him what they looked like. He remembered how one looked, and his description paralleled mine of my sparrow.
Wednesday afternoon I picked up Dove, who is the fifteen year-old girl who is teaching me how to dance. I started telling her about the bird experience and her jaw dropped. She told me that she had a vision the night before of the exact same thing. Dead sparrow. But it didn't look dead.

We went to the Elders and they were convinced that I had a name-change coming to me. It's kind of a big deal, because you only have about three in your lifetime. My current name is Whispering Willow.

Well, I tried to keep this short, but that didn't happen. So I'll put that into action now.
My official new name will be formally presented to me at the fire circle on Indian Day this weekend, but it will be somewhere between Chattering Sparrow and Song Sparrow. It's exciting to finally have an identity. I just found out a couple of hours ago.

But aside from that, I have been super busy (and therefore super-behind) on everything, thanks to Indian Day. Wednesday I had to go buy materials to MAKE my formal dancing regelia. It's done now. But I was very sick on Thurs, Fri, Sat, and Sun of last week. Plus I had to work Thurs and Fri, so that contributed. Which reminds me, I AM FREE OF LABOR!! I quit Domino's on Fri night and my life is awesome.
AND my wonderful daddy came to spoil me this past weekend. He bought be some modest, practical furniture, a bed, a cute pink and vintage bike, FOOD, cleaning stuffs kitchen stuffs, the works.

SO. Is there anything else? I'm close to falling behind on my Profile. Well, I already am behind, but the assignment is short and it shouldn't take long. I just have to figure out my purpose. And I am SO behind in math it's retarded. First I didn't go to class because I didn't think I would miss anything, but now I don't go because I'm so behind that I'd get confused lol. Anyhoo, it's 12:28 am and I be tired and cold! Much love and peace, K.
Ta-Ta!

Time for new blog on the other subjects, I think lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment