Wednesday, September 9

The Rental.

So last week, the day before school started actually, my boyfriend's mother t-boned my car. I laughed... no big deal. The insurance would cover it. Whatever. I was more upset about the off-centered car decal I had gotten that day beforehand.

Everything worked out with the auto repair people and the insurance people and the car rental people... I was due to pick-up & drop-off Tuesday at 9:00 am.

First, it turned out everything wasn't worked out, but that was fixed with a short phone call. I see my new hot car... brand new Ford Focus... and I can't wait to hop in. I take the basket of laundry I did the night before out of my trunk and opened the Focus's trunk... to find hundreds of gnats fly at my face and get caught in my hair as well as the ronchiest level of concentrated garbage stench I've ever experienced. Apparently the last person the car was rented out to had left an ungodly amount of their personal garbage in the trunk, and Hertz didn't think to check it. When I broguht it to the car repair peeps' attention, they asked me to pull it around to the back so they could clean it. WHAT??! Are you FREAKING KIDDING me?? Let me tell you, it was not just the trunk that reaked. The odor had definitely sunk into the fabric of the whole car. And apparently gnats can wiggle through fabric, so I got another headhair-full. In the end, all the repair peeps did was spray it with downy and, after I asked, vaccumed the dead gnats from the back seat.

If I leave the car closed up and then open it... It still stinks. We're talking ralphing-in-the-parking-lot stink. I wish I could take it back and trade... but I REALLY don't want to come off as that spoiled teenager. But seriously... HOW ridiculous.

Angst.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this really sucks. I feel your pain dear.
    hopefully you get everything situated soon!

    ReplyDelete