Tuesday, September 22

Native Dance Practice, Teacher On the Radio, and Too Much More

Yesterday was a freakin' sweet day.

I woke up a bit nervous. I have my first Psychology exam this coming Wednesday, and I only made it to one of two classes he had last week. So I had no idea what I missed and how that would affect my grade on the test tomorrow. At the end of class, he gave us a review. [Insert angelic ray of light and glorious high-pitched singing]. Then German was fantastic because a woman came and talked about their study abroad program, which whole is the reason I go with foreign languages.
I skipped math,
So school was good.

I picked up my lovely native american dancer friend, Dove, from her middle school and we spent the afternoon together. Went to Bear's, which is one of the most spiritual places I've ever visited, and talked to him about my Pow Wow regelia. We still have to make it, and the Pow Wow is October10 and 11. He's so inspiring.

We then left and ventured to her dwelling, that turns out to be way out in No Where, Cookeville, to pick up her stereo so we can have dance practice. Went to my den to burn a CD of awesome drum music, and we were on our way to Dogwood Park.

As it turns out, she grabbed the wrong cord and we couldnt use the stereo. So we used my car. We parked at the edge of the Cookeville Historic Museum (which I just discovered on our Culture Crawl last Saturday) and blasted Native American drum music from my Kia with the windows down. We danced in the grass with our shawls waving behind us. Right as we were really getting into it, the people who work at the museum came outside to leave for the day. And who was there to greet them?? Why, The Fancy Shaw Ribbon Dancers of Hilham, TN lol.

It's funny, it was raining before we got to Dogwood but it had subsided for about 30 minutes. The sun even came out some. When we were done, it started to rain again. Sunny rain. I bet those people thought we were pretty BAD. But we weren't doing the Rain Dance anyway.

So I got to dance today. For dinner we went to Kristy's, which I had never heard of, but it was quite good. I got lost coming home from her house and her mom had to come rescue me :/ But I made it back in time to hear Mister Andy's radio show! Which is the whole reason yesterday was awesome.

It was freakin' sweet hearing him on the radio, anyway, but we texted the whole time! Made me feel special. Plus I got some good information on what to do with the CFP I had to edit. I have to be honest, my boyfriend was jealous lol. Almost mad. He's so dumb. He's just insecure about the fact that I'm away at college without him. OFF TOPIC...

Actually, there's not much of a topic to be off of. And I have to get ready for class/make a review for Psych.
So Ta-Ta peeps

PS- I felt like green today =]

No comments:

Post a Comment